Saturday, July 17, 2010

Backstage

So Christy Turlington is back in our lives for the Vogue Italia July 2010 cover, as the world's most glamorous construction worker. And here she is, on a typical bring-your-ballgown-day at the construction site!



I know right, if hair could kill. Or just knock you flat-out unconscious with a swing of the neck! A lot of these gowns (for me, at least) fall under the unidentified-freakish-object catergory but I do think they're mighty great shots. (Source)

There's also a videolog of the photoshoot, which is pretty cool stuff.



I have a soft spot for Christy. I can still remember this one movie (one entire movie dedicated to the life of Christy Turlington and her magnificent career as part of the whole supermodel phenomenon back then, and this was back when she was just 27?) back in 1995, I think, and it was truly truly fucking magical. She has this softness about her that seems so fragile and yet so uplifting at the same time, much like her hairspray.

No comments:

Post a Comment