Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mochi

So Dahtin's back from Japan! With a gigantic box of pretty little things:



Almost all gone now!!!



Oh how I just can't resist them soft little mochi balls. They're so good.. Haha now I have a reason to want to go Japan! But Japan still needs to get in line behind Paris and Germany and the republic of Sentosa Universal Studios!

My favourite one was the black one with little sesame seeds covering it and red bean inside:



How precious are they!!! And my mom made pumpkin soup, which is also amazing. There aren't many words in any vocabulary qualified to describe my love for pumpkin soup or sambal petai. She made the sweet pumpkin soup and this malay pumpkin soup which is spicy and overloaded with random vegetables, which was crazy fascinating. I had the longest lunch ever yesterday, it was the lunch that wouldn't stop.



I really couldn't stand pumpkin soup when I was a kid because it would always remind me of Cinderella, and omg I hated that whiny bitch. But now I love it! They're so soft and squishy, and I've gotten over pretty much all of my childhood psycho issues.

So yesterday was a little bit crazy, but in a good way, and also in a very productive way. Apparently, I won the lucky draw for voting for Fateha in the singapore blog awards! Haha amazing, right! I've never won anything in my life!!! (Which I unwittingly verbalised to the man on the phone who called to tell me) It was all very lucky (aside from my name getting picked) because he called me while I was eating so it was a missed call and I called him back (I very rarely pick up calls from numbers that I don't recognize, much less call them back!) and then he asked for a DAVID E KELLEY.. Which, if you've known me long enough you'd know, was what I called myself back in secondary school when I had this dream of directing Ally McBeal and The Practice (I know right) and so I instructed all my friends to call me David E Kelley, and also sometimes I very randomly enter this name when I fill out online forms till this very day.

Somehow I was feeling extremely patient yesterday so I asked him what it was regarding (instead of how I'd usually just say sorry wrong number and hang up) and he told me about the lucky draw and asked for my IC number and THANKFULLY I voted with my actual IC number so everything got sorted out! AND IT WAS TOP PRIZE LAH how lucky is that!!!



Shah: WOW what phone is that?
Raf: Haha let's just enjoy being very excited first, because I won!!!
Raf: Cos when I tell you what phone it is, it won't be so exciting anymore!

Shah: Huh what phone did you win?
Raf: Its an ASUS phone!
Shah: WOW WHAT IS THAT BRAND?
Raf: ASUS is a laptop brand lah!!!
Raf: But yah I never knew they even made phones!
Raf: I was like, did ASUS shit it out their Assus? hehe


So yah, EXCITING LIKE WHAT! I'm hoping to sell it off and buy new jeans and tees for work next week. Ayte today's gonna be a long day, TTYL :)

3 comments:

  1. omg qins the mochi lookssss soooo goodddd! argharghargharghhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! it's an asus smartphone?? hahah u wun even give it a chance, will u? and wat work!! haha im so missing out on the details :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA IKR SHARBIE IT TASTES GOOD IN THE MOUTH ALSO!

    YAH DAZZIE haha okay with the caps!!! just so excited!!! i can't give it a chance haha its asus and also i ALREADY SPENT LIKE A BOMB at GAP yesterday for outfits for work lah sianz so now i HAVE to sell it hehe anyway eww to assus! but yah!!! TOP PRIZE haha what a thrill!!!! Oh the job, my ex-boss wants me to help for a month in the office, coordinate photoshoots the normal stuff lah like last year, but this time its TEMP and not internship so HIGHER PAY hehe and can wear jeans and sneakers!!!! and rotating selection of tees hahaha

    ReplyDelete